Skip to content
Home » New Zealand vs Pakistan, 5th T20I 2024| Match Preview & Prediction

New Zealand vs Pakistan, 5th T20I 2024| Match Preview & Prediction

T20I series 2024, New Zealand vs Pakistan 

Pakistan tour of New Zealand 2024 consists of a series of 5 T20Is in January 2024. Furthermore, the Pakistan team is playing the series under the captaincy of Shaheen Shah Afridi whereas Kane Williamson is the Captain of New Zealand for this series.

Pakistan vs New Zealand, head-to-head in T20Is

A total of 38 T20I matches are played between New Zealand and Pakistan including the T20Is from the ongoing series between the 2 teams. From 38 matches, Pakistan succeeded in 20 Matches whereas, New Zealand came out victorious in 17 matches. Besides these matches 1 match was abandoned without any result.

T20I series 2024 Highlights, New Zealand vs Pakistan 

New Zealand vs Pakistan
New Zealand vs Pakistan

The T20I series 2024, PAK vs NZ is relatively good and high scoring for the New Zealand team as they won the series with 4-0. In the first 3 T20s they batted first and flown past the 190 scores. Moreover, Finn Allen remains the run scorer of these 3 T20s. Whereas in the 4th match, they hunted down the target score set by Pakistan team much easily and win the match. As compared to the New Zealand team, Pakistan team failed to chase the target score in the First 3 T20s. The batting line of Pakistan crashed down badly in the 3 T20s. However, they did get the opportunity to bat first in the 4th T20 but only able to have the target of 159 runs to the host team. Later, New Zealand chased the target score easily and clean sweep the guest team gracefully.

4th T20I Highlights, PAK vs NZ

In the 4th T20I, New Zealand won the toss and elected to field first. Pakistan team made 158 scores on the loss of 5 wickets in 20 overs. Furthermore, Mohammad Rizwan was the top scorer of Pakistan team with 90*/63.

New Zealand vs Pakistan
New Zealand vs Pakistan

In addition, Shaheen Shah Afridi also performed well and took 3 wickets in 34 runs. Later, the New Zealand side chased the target score in 18.1 overs on the loss of 3 wickets and achieved a comfortable win. Daryl Mitchell became the man of the match with his 72*/44 runs. Besides Daryl, Glenn Phillips, Lockie Ferguson and Matt Henry put in great performance in the game. Hence, New Zealand is leading the series with 4-0.

5th T20I New Zealand vs Pakistan, Match preview & prediction 

The scheduled venue for the 5th T20 is the same as in 4th T20I. Moreover, the 5th T20 is on January 21, 2024. After winning 4 T20s in a row, New Zealand side is certainly looking to a complete whitewash over team Pakistan. The captain of New Zealand team for the 5th T20 is Mitchell Santner, whereas Shaheen Shah Afridi is the skipper of Pakistan team.

Match Details

SeriesPakistan tour of New Zealand 2024
Match5th T20 of the series of 5
DateJanuary 21, 2024
DaySunday
VenueHagley Oval, Christchurch
TeamsNew Zealand VS Pakistan 
Time5:00 am PST and 12:00 am GMT
Match Brief

Pitch and Weather Report for the 5th T20I

The grass pitch of Hagley Oval is designed in a way to support both the batters and bowlers equally. However, it will definitely be advantageous for seamers with new ball. Whereas the predicted weather for January 21 Sunday is hovering around a maximum of 22°C. Overall it is expected to be a cloudy day with intervals of strong wind and also slight chances of rain 

Pakistan Preview and Predicted playing 11

After losing 4 games in a row, Pakistan side may enter in the 5th match with a low momentum. However, the Green Shirts may try to learn from their mistakes and put in a good effort to win the 5th T20. In the batting side, a lot of hopes are relying on Babar Azam, Mohammad Rizwan, Saim Ayyub, Iftikhar Ahmed and Fakhar Zaman. In contrast, the supporters are relying on the pace of Zaman Khan, Shaheen Shah, Haris Rauf, and Mohammad Wasim jr with the spin of Mohammad Nawaz.

The predicted playing 11 of Pakistan for the 5th T20 are:

New Zealand Preview and Predicted playing 11

After winning 4 consecutive matches in a row, the New Zealand team entered the 5th T20 with high momentum and confidence to whitewash Pakistan in the series. Furthermore, Mitchell Santner is the captain of the squad for the 5th T20 too. 

New Zealand vs Pakistan
New Zealand vs Pakistan

Some replacements of Players are also expected in the New Zealand squad. However, major expectations are linked with Finn Allen, Glenn Phillips, Daryl Mitchell and Tim Seifert (wicketkeeper) from the batting side. In the bowling department, a lot of hopes are connected to the Pacers Ben Sears, Lockie Ferguson, and Matt Henry and spinner Mitchell Santner.

The predicted playing 11 of New Zealand for the 5th T20 are:

Toss Roll in the 5th T20I

As this is the last match of the series, both teams may be keen to win the toss and want to bowl first. In addition, they may want to restrict the opposing team to less than 170 runs. The major reason behind this is that in the previous match at the Hagley Oval was won by batting on the 2nd number.

Match Winning Prediction of the New Zealand vs Pakistan 5th T20I

In the last 4 T20s the amazing performance by the New Zealand team showed that there is a major difference between the batting side of both teams. On the other hand, Pakistan’s middle order always falls down badly. So, there are major chances for New Zealand to win the 5th T20 and win the series with a clean sweep. In the end, the winning probability of the New Zealand team is 58 % and of Pakistan is 48%.

FAQs

Q: Which stadium is hosting the 5th T20I 2024, PAK vs NZ?

A: Hagley Oval is hosting the 5th T20 2024, PAK vs NZ.

Q: When is the 5th T20 2024, NZ vs PAK?

A: The 5th T20 2024, PAK vs NZ is on Sunday January 21, 2024.

Q: What are the winning predictions for the 5th T20I 2024, PAK vs NZ?

A: The winning chances for NZ are 52% whereas the winning probability of Pakistan is 48%.

Q: What is the weather forecast for 5th T20I 2024, PAK vs NZ?

A: The predicted weather for January 21 Sunday is hovering around a maximum of 22°C. Overall it is expected to be a cloudy day with intervals of strong wind and also slight chances of rain.

Q: What is the pitch report for the 5th T20 2024, NZ vs PAK?

A: The grass pitch of Hagley Oval is designed in a way to support both the batters and bowlers equally. However, it will definitely be advantageous for seamers with new ball.

Q: What are the results of 1st 4 T20s of the series 2024 NZ vs PAK?

A: The T20I series 2024, PAK vs NZ is relatively good and high scoring for the New Zealand team as they won the series with 4-0.

1 thought on “New Zealand vs Pakistan, 5th T20I 2024| Match Preview & Prediction”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *