Skip to content
Home » Afghanistan vs. India, T20 1 of 3, 2024|Match Preview & Prediction 

Afghanistan vs. India, T20 1 of 3, 2024|Match Preview & Prediction 

Match Preview & Prediction, Afghanistan vs. India, 1st T20

Afghanistan tour to India in January 2024 for the series of 3 T20Is. Furthermore, the first T20I of the series of 3 is scheduled to be played at the Punjab Cricket Association Stadium in Mohali. Here, the two opponents Afghanistan and India compete on January 11,2024. Moreover, this is the first time after 2018, where the two teams are going to face each other in a white ball action. Whereas it’s the last white ball action for India before the 2024 ICC T20 World Cup which is scheduled in June 2024.

Afghanistan vs. India
Afghanistan vs. India

Afghanistan vs. India Match Details

SeriesAfghanistan tour of India 2024
MatchT20I 1 of 3
DateJanuary 11,2024
DayThursday 
VenuePunjab Cricket Association Stadium 
TeamsIndia vs Afghanistan 
Time6:30 pm Local Time
Match Brief

Pitch Report of Mohali Stadium

The pitch at the Mohali Stadium was advantageous for the bowlers initially. However, it tends to support the batters over the years. During the recent match between India vs Australia at the venue, 419 runs was the highest average score at Mohali Stadium. Hence, it is expected that the toss winning team might opt to go bowling first at this pitch.

Previous Matches History between Afghanistan vs. India

If we talk about the Previous head-to-head T20 Matches between Afghanistan and India, total 5 Matches were played. Out of the 5 Matches, 4 matches were won by India whereas 1 Match ended as abandoned. Moreover, Afghanistan didn’t get victory in any T20 Match against India.

Squads

Team Afghanistan

  • Ibrahim Zadran (Captain)
  • Hazratullah Zazai 
  • Ikram Alikhil (wicket-keeper)
  • Najibullah Zadran
  • Rahmanullah Gurbaz (wicket-keeper)
  • Azmatullah Omarzai
  • Gulbadin Naib
  • Karim Janat
  • Mohammad Nabi
  • Rahmat Shah
  • Sharafuddin Ashraf
  • Freed Ahmad
  • Fazalhaq Farooqi
  • Mohammad Saleem
  • Mujeeb Ur Rahman
  • Naveen-ul-Haq
  • Noor Ahmad
  • Qais Ahmad

Team India

Best Players in Afghanistan Squad

Ibrahim Zadran who recently led his team to a fantastic victory by 2-1 against the UAE team is the captain of Afghanistan Squad for this three-match series against India. In addition, he is a flabbergasted player of team Afghanistan which is a plus point for their team. Ikram Alikhil who is a sensational wicket-keeper batsman of Afghanistan is also part of the Afghanistan team. Mujeeb Ur Rahman who initially wasn’t part of the squad who won against UAE, is now part of the squad to face India. Furthermore, his return is a power booster source for team Afghanistan for his spin bowling attack. In addition, the presence of Naveen-Ul-Haq and Fazal Haq Farooqi are the key players of Afghanistan Squad who recently performed fabulously in the Cricket World cup 2023. Mohammad Nabi & Rahmanullah Gurbaz are the match winner players of Afghanistan Squad in their previous matches and part of the current squad for series against India. The overall squad of Afghanistan includes the best players of Afghanistan and just a few new players.

Afghanistan vs. India
Afghanistan vs. India

Best Players in India Squad

Rohit Sharma the marvelous opening batsman of India is leading the squad who many times lead India towards victory with his performance. Moreover, Virat Kohli, the match-winner for India, is also a part of the Indian squad against Afghanistan. Shubman Gill and Yashasvi Jaiswal are the fantastic openers of team India who are able to divert the game with their performance, are also the part of India squad. Sanju Samson who previously scored average 374 runs in 24 T20Is is also selected as a wicket-keeper batsman in the squad along with Jitesh Sharma (wk). Furthermore, the Indian squad includes the Pacers Avesh Kumar, Arshdeep Singh and Mukesh Kumar who are the masters playing in wintry conditions. In addition, Ravi Bishnoi, Kuldeep Yadav and Axar Patel who previously played very well during different matches are also included in the squad against Afghanistan.

Afghanistan vs. India
Afghanistan vs. India

SWOT Analysis of India and Afghanistan

Afghanistan

One of the main weaknesses in Afghanistan’s team is the absence of their T20Is captain Rashid Khan. Rashid is not part of the Afghanistan Squad due to his back surgery.

However, his absence in the team is covered with the presence of Ibrahim Zadran. In addition, Afghanistan won many important matches against big teams in the World Cup, so they are in good form and momentum. If they won, the toss and field first then they have the ability to chase the target and win the match. However, playing a series against India in the stadiums of India is a big threat for Afghanistan as they don’t have enough information/knowledge of the conditions and pitches.

India

The biggest strength of the India team is the pair of openers Rohit Sharma and Shubman Gill’s presence. In addition, their team includes all the capable players for this series including Virat Kohli too. However, a negative aspect is that Virat is not playing in the first match due to his personal problem. Whereas there are many opportunities for team India as they are playing this series in their own country. So, they have enough knowledge, and they know how to play at these conditions. There isn’t any major threat for India team except the Bowling attack of the Afghanistan team.

Weather Forecast for the 1st T20 between Afghanistan and India

On the day of 1st T20I between India and Afghanistan, rains are not forecasted. However, the weather is expected to be chilled and cold throughout the day. In addition, the average temperature is expected to be around 13°C in the daytime. However, it’s expected to be dropped at 10°C in the nighttime.

Toss Roll in Afghanistan vs. India 1st T20I 2024

The toss winning weighs major role for the team winning this match. As whichever the team won the toss and decides to field first behold the major chance of taking victory. However, it completely depends on the toss winner team that either they want to bat first or field first. Hence, the toss winning team is going to get the most advantage in this match.

Match Winning Prediction of Afghanistan vs. India

If we look thoroughly at the previous matches of India vs Afghanistan and the current squads for this Match, then there are 85% chances for India to win the Match. However, Afghanistan only has 15% chances. Lastly, it all depends on the efforts and performance of the players of the teams which determine the Match Winner.

FAQs about Afghanistan vs. India

Q: Which Stadium is hosting the first T20 of the series of 3 between India and Afghanistan?

A: Punjab Cricket Association Stadium is hosting the first T20 between India and Afghanistan.

Q: Who will win the 1st T20 between India vs Afghanistan?

A: There are more chances of India to win the match as the predictions are 85% in favor of team India.

Q: Who is the Captain of India in India vs Afghanistan T20 Series 2024?

A: Rohit Sharma is the captain of India team for the T20 series 2024 between India and Afghanistan.

Q: Who is the captain of the Afghanistan side in India vs Afghanistan series 2024?

A: Ibrahim Zadran is the leading captain for the t20 series 2024 against India.

Q: What is the weather forecast in Mohali on 11th January 2024?

A: No rain is predicted on the 1st T20 between India and Afghanistan on 11th January. However, the weather is predicted to be chilly and cold with 14 degrees centigrade during the daytime.

1 thought on “Afghanistan vs. India, T20 1 of 3, 2024|Match Preview & Prediction ”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *